Industry Sector: Biotechnology
AfaSci, Inc. is a pre-clinical stage, San Francisco Bay Area-based biotech that discovers and develops peptide and small molecule therapies for unmet needs in the fields of pain and neurology. The company’s current focus has been on developing two therapeutic candidates for the treatment of neuropathic pain and neuroinflammatory pain. These debilitating conditions affect millions of people in the United States and 7-8% of adults worldwide. AfaSci’s two therapeutic candidates are competitively differentiated as novel non-opioid and non-steroidal analgesics. The company also has a drug discovery pipeline focused on Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, and sleep disorders.AfaSci’s approach features several competitive advantages:
1) Two therapeutic candidates for neuropathic and neuroinflammatory pain are ready for IND-enabling studies.
2) All pre-clinical research has been reviewed and supported by NIH grants, and validated across multiple peer-reviewed publications.
3) AfaSci has active collaborations with academic institutions including Stanford University, Harvard University, UCLA, UC Davis, and Kansas State University.
4) The company leverages a proprietary drug discovery platform for more effective target identification and efficient animal testing, in vivo pharmacology, and electrophysiology studies.
AfaSci is now looking to accelerate IND-enabling studies for its two neuropathic and neuroinflammatory pain therapeutic candidates, and seeking opportunities with potential investors and business partners.
• Conduct rodent behavioral tests/assays, particularly in pain model and tests
• Perform pharmacological experiments in PK/PD studies
• Possibly engage in electrophysiological studies using patch clamp or EEG/EMG recordings
• PhD, MD or MS in biology, biochemistry, or neuroscience
• Experience in research into pain, sleep or cognition is a plus
• Experience in histology, IHC or pathology is a plus
• Electrophysiology (patch clamp recording, extracellular recording or EEG/EMG recording)
• Neuroscience and drug discovery (rodent behavioral assessment and pharmacologic tests)
• Small business entrepreneurship
Email your resume to Sue Li, PhD (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)